Hotmail email login can be done via mobile app, Windows app and any browser on all platform. In this tutorials, we are guiding you to access Hotmail inbox via different methods. As Microsoft has combined all of its accounts, this login process will also work for Windows Live Mail, MSN and Outlook.com email.
When you sign in with Hotmail email, you can also access other services from Microsoft. You can compose, send, receive and store mail. You can categorize, archive, sweep email to keep an organized inbox. Don’t have an account? Create Hotmail account now.
Calendar, task manager, Skype, contact manager, etc. are accessible from the inbox. But you’ve to download Skype separately to access it from mobile.
Hotmail Email Login From Web-browser
One of the easiest ways to access Hotmail email is to login from web-browser. This method provides you more feature to access after you sign in. It’s also suitable for people who don’t need to check their mail regularly.
- Open www.hotmail.com from a web browser. You’ll reach the universal login page for all Microsoft accounts.
- Select the Sign in option from the login page.
- Enter your full Hotmail ID in the sign in box and click Next.
- Type your password and Sign in. Regularly using the same browser to access Hotmail? Check the ‘Keep me signed in’ option. It will allow you to access your account without entering login credentials each time.
Hotmail Email Login from Mobile App
There is an amazingly effective and efficient app from Microsoft to Hotmail sign in. ‘Microsoft Outlook’ app is available for both Andriod phone and iPhones.Visit Apple play store from iOS devices and Google Play Store from Android devices and search and Install Microsoft Outlook.
- Open Microsoft Outlook app from the menu and tap Get started.
- Type your full Hotmail email ID, and tap Continue.
- Enter your Hotmail account login password and select ‘Sign in’.
Now your Hotmail account is successfully signed in from mobile app. You can compose, send, receive and organize emails from the app. You can also access OneDrive storage and Calendar right from the app.
If you have more than one Hotmail account, you can sign in with all account simultaneously. To add another account
- Tap on the setting icon on Outlook mail app.
- Click ‘Add account’.
- Sign in with another Hotmail account with same above mentioned steps.
While logging in Hotmail account in your mobile devices, you might be asked for the permission to access your location, contacts, calendars, phone etc. to enhance your Hotmail email account experience.
Hotmail Email Sign in from Windows App
Want to get notified on PC when email arrives? Or want to use a single combined inbox for all of your email accounts? If the answer is yes, then you can sign in to Hotmail using Widows mail app.
Open Mail app from the programs or search it from Cortana. If it is not already installed, download it from Microsoft store.
Go to Mail app menu. Open ‘Accounts’ and click Add Account. Another way is Setting >Manage Accounts > Add account.
You need to choose the account type. Select Outlook.com.
Enter your Hotmail email account and password in the respective fields and click ‘Sign in’.
Hotmail Login Problems and Solutions
There are many problems which you face while login to Hotmail.com. We find some common problems and their solutions here. If your problem is not here, please let us know we will try to assist you.
Entered correct password but unable to login
- First, make sure you have typed your correct Hotmail account password, make sure caps lock is turned off and num lock is turned on.
- Still can’t login with correct email and password? Clear your browser cookies and cache or try from another browser.
Incorrect account or password
- Make sure you’ve entered correct username/email address. We tend to make a mistake while typing fast.
- Forgot your password? Instead of wasting time on remembering it, reset Hotmail password immediately.
- Using secured apps like Microsoft password keeper and Last Pass can help you to save your account and password securely.
Detected something unusual about this sign-in
Got new device? Or trying to sign in from new location or app? If Microsoft thinks there is something strange about your login, they ask you to verify you. You can get verification code on your phone, alternate email account or authenticator app.
Using this feature will help you to secure your account, but might put you in difficult when you don’t have access to the authorized device. If you are in foreign and unable to login to your Hotmail account, it’s most unlikely to get access to your recovery mobile number. In this case, using two-step verification can become very handy to use as you can use the authorized app to sign in to your Hotmail account.
This is for your own safety. So if you are traveling to another country or place where you can’t get a text message, it’s better to activate two-step verification on your account.
Your account is closed or suspended
There are 3 cases for a user getting this announcement.
- You deleted your Hotmail account more than 60 days ago, and the ID can’t be retrieved.
- Your Hotmail account does not have any login activity for more than 365 days, and your account is suspended.
- Suspicious activity is recorded or detected on your account and it’s suspended.
You can’t do anything if your account is deleted and reactivation period is passed. If your account is temporarily suspended then:
- Try login to your suspended Hotmail account.
- Enter any phone number which can receive a text message. (This number doesn’t need to be linked to your account).
- After receiving the security code, enter it in the respective field.
- Change your Hotmail password, and now you can sign in to Hotmail.com.