Officially named as Microsoft Outlook at present, Hotmail or Windows Live Hotmail is a multi-purpose email account which can be used as a personal information manager. It is not just an email application but also includes many other functionalities. When you create Hotmail account, you can use multiple functions from the inbox which includes calendar, journal, task manager, contact manager, note taking etc. Already have an account? Here is the guide to Hotmail email login.
Windows Live Hotmail is officially renamed as Microsoft Outlook. Hence you can create Hotmail email as @Hotmail.com domain only. Creation of regional domain like hotmail.co.uk is not possible now.
In this tutorial, we will guide to create new Hotmail account with ease. You can also sign up for Hotmail account without a phone number.
Note: There is not any difference between Hotmail, Outlook and Microsoft account, they can be termed as synonyms and work as a multi-purpose Microsoft profile.
Why Create Hotmail Email?
Hotmail is not just a simple email account, it has different benefits and some are:
- There is not any cost for the user to open Hotmail account as it is free to use.
- Single Hotmail account can be used for login to Skype, OneDrive, Xbox-Live, Office, etc.
- You can get 5GB free OneDrive storage for each Hotmail account.
- Efficient junk filtering and powerful search function.
- Access contacts, calendars and also view, edit and share office documents online
How to create Hotmail account easily?
You only need to enter some of your personal details like full name and date of birth to create new Hotmail email account. Here are each steps with images:
- Step 1: Visit www.hotmail.com from the browser of your choice. You can do Hotmail registration process from any web-browser. It doesn’t matter whether you use Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera or Safari. You’ll reach Outlook home page.
- Step 2: Select the option Create Account. You’ll reach the Hotmail sign up page. It will say Microsoft account creation.
- Step 3: Type the email address you want as Hotmail in the New email field. By default, @outlook.com is selected for new email. To get @hotmail.com, click on the drop down menu on the box and select it.
- Step 4: Enter password for the new email account. It must be at least 8 characters long and should contain at least 2 type of combination from uppercase, lowercase, number and special character. Don’t use the same password as other accounts.
- Step 5: On the next page, type your first and last name. Use your real name, as this email address will represent you. Click Next after entering the details.
- Step 6: Choose your country region from the drop down menu. Also, enter your date of birth 0n the given field. Don’t worry; your birth date is not shown to other.
- Step 7: You might need to verify your identity by checking your phone number. Select your Country code and add your Phone number. Click on Send code. Alternatively, you might be asked to enter the captcha code.
- Step 8: You will receive a text with a code, type that access code and click Next.
- Step 9: You’ll get a welcome message from Outlook. Click > button to move ahead to opening new Hotmail email account. You can edit language and time zone information.
Now your brand new Hotmail account is ready to use. You can use it to communicate with friends, earn bing rewards, use other Microsoft products.
After opening Hotmail account, you might want to check out Outlook mobile app to use your account from mobile and tablet.
How to register Hotmail from mobile?
You can follow the same process above from mobile browser. Unfortunately, you can’t create new account using Hotmail mobile app.